The Confederacy of Mikano is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 3.048 billion Mikanese enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chara. The average income tax rate is 94.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Mikanoan economy, worth 284 trillion jins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Information Technology. Average income is 93,489 jins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mikanoan watches list strained wrists as a common side effect, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon, and jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mikano's national animal is the Pacific octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mikano was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, Mikanoan watches list strained wrists as a common side effect.
- : Mikano was endorsed by The Sanctuary of Dreamers for Hope.
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Chara Times is sold out.
- : Mikano was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Following new legislation in Mikano, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
Endorsements Received: 139 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Giovanniland, Kisovec, Dilber, Champaign, Constantinopolisia, Marina Nova, Santos-Dominius, Fuentana, Q The Almighty, Westwind, Mackieron, The Anti-Social Socialists, Mediobogdum, Twisted Duality, Mirchusko, Svanland, Holmani, Thessalian, Wickedly evil people, Ferroia, Papercuts and Skittles, Fujai, Archonina, Eastern Bahia, The United Tribes of Bantai, Overthinkers, Wellington Bingbong, Winter Aura, Bucals Kagotoaion, Desmosthenes and Burke, The divisive isolationists, Lynier, Sindria, Kathlenia, Gottlands, Acropylae, Atheist States of Philippines, Willow Gate, Pandaland II, Cro Magnon, Glorious Existence, Bodusse, Isle Royale, Hamburg Neo, Comia Noracon, Weyrland, Psikuta, Albyion Kingdom, Formenor, and 89 others.Nas Crustium, Gryphonian Alliance, IndyCar Racing, Shaktirajya, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Arnic, East Swedesia, The Rega, Entirnya, Thyrall, Fallgriffin, Greg Tucker, Matism, Leukogeras, Athrid HullHund, Arvladma, Serrus, Lothundy, The Free States of Gotham, The United Republic of Westend, Muad-Dib, Arifiyyah, The North American Assembly, Lodiberdade, Burakis, Wild lands of Tribe, Professor thomas, Saronistan, Ocheon, Condonohia, Maria, Socialist Australiana, One Nation under Rob, Parisitan, Ellcrys, Archinos, Plarland Amex, Recenesia, New Belia, Mathematania, Common Good, New Democratic Republic of Russia, New Caterse, Forcaforta, Greynne, Vlobbania, Magnolia Paradise, Dowaesk, Rowdy, Av Libertas Vindex, Astra Prime, Refuge404, Cities, Parasang, Gentris, Attanseia, Recuecn, Minshara, Morachia, Ynnam, Larxia, Joubertbourg, Win Mints, Llan Sha, Rivello, Bietau, Geekalla, Eidechse, Blue Bubble, El Facil, Mississagi, Qapaq Suyu, Dunahaibhne, Ceadda, Sniper Slayers, Ingentis Novus, Fumafuma, Sirulinuck, Aldesport, Helianthan, The Undivided, Robbinston, Cryland, Theicor, Paschalia, Dei et Hominis, Romlania, Lodus Lake, and Dreamers for Hope.