The Republic of Mighty Tropico is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by El Presidente with an iron fist, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, lack of airports, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.135 billion Mighty Tropicans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Troposan. The average income tax rate is 69.7%.
The powerhouse Mighty Tropicanian economy, worth 129 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 113,817 Pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap, child labor has been outlawed, families are only permitted to have one child, and El Presidente is the self-declared God of all Mighty Tropico. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mighty Tropico's national animal is the Senor Toucan, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is El Presidente.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mighty Tropico was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Mighty Tropico changed its national faith to "El Presidente".
- : Following new legislation in Mighty Tropico, El Presidente is the self-declared God of all Mighty Tropico.
- : Mighty Tropico was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Mighty Tropico was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Mighty Tropico, families are only permitted to have one child.
- : Following new legislation in Mighty Tropico, child labor has been outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Mighty Tropico, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Mighty Tropico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
- : Mighty Tropico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
Endorsements Received: 20 » ShrewLlamaLand, American Pere Housh, The great Beaver, Vlamms Statt, Shronok, Jocospor, Middle Ran Kals Colbown, Branalia, Vinitas, Fetra, Coalora, Castelia, Refarria, Comein, Depackya, United Communes of Chile, Otogal, Emerald Order, Nestruia, and Wilhelms.