The Sultanate of Mhelon is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its national health service, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 567 million Mhelonites are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.0%.
The all-consuming Mhelonite economy, worth 54.4 trillion Severed Ears a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 95,863 Severed Ears, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
The standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods, being able to unblock a u-bend pipe is considered a universally essential skill, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment, and the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mhelon's national animal is the fungus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The United States of Conservadoria.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Sawtooth Badlands of The Black Cathedral.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Borderlands of North Altatude.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, being able to unblock a u-bend pipe is considered a universally essential skill.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, a stocking with a crooked seam or a tie without a full Windsor knot are grounds for instant dismissal.
- : Mhelon was endorsed by The Republic of Elder Realms.
- : Following new legislation in Mhelon, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
Endorsements Received: 128 » Sundred, Corfad, Territorio di Nessuno, Notyoutopia, Shibutani, Alunya, Pallaith, Sil Dorsett, El Fiji Grande, Ostrinios, Shin-Hachioji, Acrabinnia, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Ofemerica, Malta Comino Gozo, Uganda Knuckles UK, Great Bights Mum, Kwaj, Joodey, Lemonbiscuits, Napnomadia, General COE, North Bratislava, Newpromisedland, Bayern-Straubing, Omnistria, Tappan Hills, Koda-Land, Dar es Saalam, The Bureaucratic Territories, Cloydicia, Sinelona, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Holy Oranz, New Bremerton, Shadowrik, Ninjak30, Selfgradatude, Maott, Steraz, Buckerino, THX1138, Ainsworth, Walter Jackson, The Iron Lions, Karazan, PlanetPunk, Dreadton, Egalico, and 78 others.Esplandia, United Draconia, Q w e r t y, Federation Terra Australis, Spartoptia, Sunto, Ara Antrizuls, Black Templares, Ozstan, Guer Aike, National Goats, Sea Ghost, Lunallian, Kasazzastan, The Kyziban Islands, Sheldanada, Solmetria, Torakuen, Pasargad, Frances Francis the First of France, SchoolHouse Rock, Guslantis, The United States of Romania, Niradans, New Pruessen, Sanjurika, Wilkshire, Kirostan, The Notorious Mad Jack, Novare Res, Racoda, Ibiscaton, Ethnon, Saturns Edge, Siwale, Norostilors, SillyString, Wineclaw, Zemnaya Svoboda, Amauri, Peldorn, Jasminlandia, Steampunk Ariel, Misuvelia, Plangainer, Trillius, Ka Ching, Free Culture, The Pantheons, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Unimaginable Doom, Ejhsa, Unsophisticate, Haor Chall, Seidr Wyrd, Liberum Mundi, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Lomjia, Valhalla123, 1 very fast endotarter, Aratani, Yummy Blubber, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Thiammyalllaland, Moubarakistan, Vikingiarchy, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Castle Federation, Noahs Second Country, Former English Colony, Votak Matim, Test for a new hope, Elder Realms, North Altatude, The Black Cathedral, and Conservadoria.