|Leader||High Queen Kiriel-Shiara I Aderyn|
The Cártányne Ascendancy of Mewsland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by High Queen Kiriel-Shiara I Aderyn with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 23.683 billion Cártánynes have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mýrávia. The average income tax rate is 80.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Cártányne economy, worth a remarkable 1,792 trillion litavis a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,688 litavis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, birth rates have hit an all-time low, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mewsland's national animal is the Mýrávian wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Kármíçism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mewsland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Mewsland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Mewsland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Mewsland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Mewsland's influence in Celtica fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Mewsland's influence in Celtica rose from "Page" to "Hermit".
- : Mewsland altered its national flag.
- : Mewsland relocated from Osiris to Celtica.
- : Mewsland was refounded in Osiris.
- : Mewsland ceased to exist in Celtica.