The Dictatorship of Metrograd is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The democratic population of 651 million Metrogradians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Metrogradian economy, worth 18.6 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 28,605 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Blind dates tend to result in bruised shins, popular candidates who don't suffer last-second political scandals tend to get fished out of the Metrograd City River, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, and the death penalty has been reintroduced. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Metrograd's national animal is the squirrel, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Metrograd's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Metrograd's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Metrograd's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Metrograd's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Metrograd relocated from Union of Confederate Regions to The Rejected Realms.
- : Metrograd was ejected from Union of Confederate Regions by Simrad.
- : Metrograd resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Metrograd's influence in Union of Confederate Regions rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Metrograd's influence in Union of Confederate Regions rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Metrograd lost the endorsement of Americas suitehearts.