The Nomadic Peoples of Metrograd is a large, genial nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 74 million Metrogradians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 70.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Metrogradian economy, worth 2.15 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 29,055 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, surveillance cameras are banned, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, and the roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Metrograd's national animal is the squirrel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Free Republic of Kluz.
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Empire of Komarin.
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Ancient Stratocracy of Sparka.
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Federation of Oless.
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Freezing Dictatorship of Union of Siberia Natives.
- : Metrograd changed its national motto to "Begone spooks.".
- : Metrograd changed its national nation type to "Nomadic Peoples".
- : Metrograd altered its national flag.
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Unified Provinces of Katania.
- : Metrograd was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Vorscha.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Krualstiken, Kazakhiya, Eiron V Fluffykins, Gil Lodihr, Arkaudia, AbyssiniaII, Gonadez, The Kompound, Everelm, Quranite, Dimoreistan, The Azikorian Empire, Vorscha, Unified Provinces of Katania, Union of Siberia Natives, Oless, Sparka, Komarin, and Kluz.