The Southern Marches of Messaria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Anderei Helmesaar with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 3.196 billion Messarians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Administration, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Guslac. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 29.4%.
The thriving Messarian economy, worth 280 trillion Messarian Drocs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 87,868 Messarian Drocs, with the richest citizens earning 6.0 times as much as the poorest.
Solid-gold toilets are Messarian prisons' least expensive furnishings, Scoutmasters debate whether luxury log cabins defeat the purpose of camping, male friends are often accompanied by a female relative in order to prove their 'straightness', and Messaric Church has been named as Messaria's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Messaria's national animal is the Messarian Ibex, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Messaric Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Messaria's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Messaria's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Messaria's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Messaria's influence in Greater Dienstad rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Messaria lodged a message on the Greater Dienstad Regional Message Board.
- : Messaria changed its national currency to "Messarian Droc".
- : Messaria changed its national currency to "Messarian Bel".
- : Messaria changed its national motto to "Jutena Het (For Country)!".
- : Messaria changed its national capital to "Guslac" and its leader to "Anderei Helmesaar".
- : Messaria changed its national animal to "Messarian Ibex".