The Free Land of Mertvie is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.122 billion Mertvii have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 28.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Mertviean economy, worth 54.0 trillion Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 48,111 Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Mertvie in an international press conference. Crime is well under control. Mertvie's national animal is the Hound, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Eglise Sainte Eve.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Free Land of Bridgett.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The NPA Lieutenant of Malphe.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Can of SillyString.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Inactive Nation of Techislovakia.
- : Mertvie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Ruthless Polity of Astal Aavors.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, Leader has just been declared ruler of Mertvie in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Kwaj, Sunto, Shadowrik, Great Bights Mum, General COE, Reannia, Kaschovia, Yaorozu, Enosville, Bharathvarsh, HMS Unicorn, Holy Oranz, Friently, The Utopian Initiative, WE Empire, HoNg KoNg EmPiRe, Omicron Persei V111, Alice Gardens, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Siwale, Kingdom of Space, Vszeklina, Sil Dorsett, Diodone, Lamexanope, Selfgradatude, Coemgen, American MapleStory, Malta Comino Gozo, Anima Proxa, Forunte, McMasterdonia, Plembobria, Sheppey, Zedeya, Prevaland, Aenglaland, Yukti, AdyLand, Zemnaya Svoboda, Yaris, The Utopian Movement, Sankami, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Ausmercia, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, and 57 others.I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Vogonlandia, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Lord Ravenclaw, Bayern-Straubing, Aerilia, PlanetPunk, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Stareogratia, Amerian States, Maestros haven, Pakistan 001, Xentherida, Territorio di Nessuno, Coppicia, Tredano, Che Sana Und, Slaughterhouse Nine, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Cuyan, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Phillywob, Beodarasc, Corfad, Wodan, Thenaca, Blurds, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Lionia, Victoriaans Nederlands, Horsley Land, New-El, Midds Conia, Republic of Dixie, Unimaginable Doom, Libotionia, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Mercy Land, NatsukiLand, Sanjurika, Malvad, Gospel Power, Merconitonitopia, Astal Aavors, Techislovakia, SillyString, Bridgett, and Eglise Sainte Eve.