|Leader||The Honorable Imperator|
The Free Land of Mertvie is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Honorable Imperator with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.605 billion Mertvii enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 40.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Mertviean economy, worth 164 trillion Coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 63,022 Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace, glamping Mertvii won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, and third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Mertvie's national animal is the Hound, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Kingdom of Democritus.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Solcialist States.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Republic of Maj Tonia Godgueeber.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Democratic Union of New Trisone.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Abrickhouse.
- : Mertvie was endorsed by The People-State of Kulgatha.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, glamping Mertvii won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in Mertvie, the family summer vacation has become a thing of the past following the introduction of the year-round school year.
Endorsements Received: 114 » Notyoutopia, Pallaith, Kwaj, Sunto, Shadowrik, Great Bights Mum, General COE, Yaorozu, Holy Oranz, Friently, Omicron Persei V111, Alice Gardens, Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, Sil Dorsett, Diodone, Selfgradatude, American MapleStory, Malta Comino Gozo, McMasterdonia, Prevaland, Yukti, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, The Lancerian Empire, Bayern-Straubing, PlanetPunk, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Xentherida, Territorio di Nessuno, Tredano, Beodarasc, Corfad, Wodan, Wineclaw, Ainsworth, Victoriaans Nederlands, Republic of Dixie, Unimaginable Doom, Apetopia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, NatsukiLand, Malvad, Merconitonitopia, and 64 others.SillyString, Eglise Sainte Eve, Frances Francis the First of France, The Mazur Empire, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Ozstan, Puczovska, Atain, Mordant99, Albacria, Guslantis, Shibutani, New Seaview Cove, Californian Redwood, THX1138, Former English Colony, Koda-Land, Kylesburgh, Highton Islands, The Windmilluminati, The Gamer Party, Q w e r t y, Eravonia, Empy, United Draconia, Grimrholm, Amauri, Whereisthatistan, Racoda, Fishguardia, Pauxia, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Sacrento, Sanjurika, The Mace Kingdom, Jest Xerces, Zeternia, Sundred, Liberentis, Pizza Squared, SORT, Ethnon, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, Sahriastan, The United States of Romania, Maott, Rochester Black, Gooboistkoyt, Suicidistan, Aenglaland, Dellengard, I am the one who knocks, El Fiji Grande, Bharathvarsh, Shaun, East Wushen, Dar es Saalam, Kulgatha, Abrickhouse, New Trisone, Maj Tonia Godgueeber, Solcialist States, and Democritus.