The Free Land of Meropis is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its digital currency, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 14.306 billion Meropisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anostos City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Meropisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,098 trillion Pompas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Retail. Average income is an amazing 216,621 Pompas, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Flags are commonly used as bonfire kindling, city workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all, high school principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school, and nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Meropis's national animal is the Ipotan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as the seat of government.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, high school principals regularly send armed truancy patrols to drag problem students to school.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, city workers have declared that rolling markets aren't good for business after all.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, flags are commonly used as bonfire kindling.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, the Anostos City Film Festival recently voted 'Meropisian Getting Hit By Football' as best film.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, tour guides tell passengers that there is beautiful architecture just behind the two-hundred-foot concrete walls.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Meropis, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs.
- : Meropis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Turbeaux, Candlewhisper Archive, The Grene Knyght, Feladria, The Black Forrest, The Void Territories, Ransium, Reannia, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Floroprus, Elundris, Tauride, Love and Nature, Ownzone, Atsvea, Dwardossa, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Taco Respublic, Caterasia, Frieden-und Freudenland, Eryndlynd, Kawastyselir, Ruinenlust, Boar Stacks, Ironic Remarks, Cosona, Fahx, Chilledsville, Entitize, Kinganaryasia, The British Antarctic Expedition, Window Land, The Southern Cascadian States, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Rorston, Cat-Herders United, Banandonia, Wantevolo, Prydaein, Bilsa, Shimerta, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Frogenia, Ordand, and 26 others.Raccoon Creek, Eaven, Oryx the Mad God, Paplia, Coranova, KinectiA, Hyon Delta, The Black Horns, Valloire, Kaiseland, Mahrenbach, Groenwald, Bananaistan, Animmalia, Ohioan Territory, The Righteous Order of Youth, Jonre, Speal Dhorrn, Western Continental Divide, New Felis, Plifte, Kuch, Octopus Islands, Esnua, Khazuul, and Nimros.