|Leader||Prime Minister SÚptimo de la Fuente|
The Federal Socialist Republic of Merala is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister SÚptimo de la Fuente with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, state-planned economy, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 8.966 billion Meralans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Defense, and Administration also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ardoz. The average income tax rate is 6.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Meralan economy, worth a remarkable 2,888 trillion Pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 322,197 Pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Home renovation shows are increasingly popular, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have, sections of the police receive paramilitary training, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Merala's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Merala, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Merala, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
- : Following new legislation in Merala, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Following new legislation in Merala, home renovation shows are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Merala, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Merala, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Merala, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Merala's influence in New Atlas rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Merala changed its national nation type to "Federal Socialist Republic".
- : Following new legislation in Merala, workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings.