|Leader||President Leah Jimenez|
The Federative Republic of Membatak is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Leah Jimenez with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, ubiquitous missile silos, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.361 billion Membatakians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saro Island. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Membatakian economy, worth 138 trillion Takis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 102,092 Takis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, religious terrorism is considered to be an Act of God by insurance companies, vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments, and President Leah Jimenez panders to nontraditional families. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Membatak's national animal is the Cockatiel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Membatak changed its national motto to "There can never be peace without understanding.".
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, President Leah Jimenez panders to nontraditional families.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, vital intelligence-gathering activities are often put on hold for Call of Honor tournaments.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, religious terrorism is considered to be an Act of God by insurance companies.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Membatak voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Ner Epiand, Evertopia, Valentian Elysium, Kachikawawa, Anisopterra, Ignis Cinere, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Palman, Mauryana, Point Comfort Colony, Caldorado, Tzo, Dustwind, Anollasia, Namakan, Clialaad, Pianaville, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Ultimate Wakanda, Makykay, Solsevara, Terra Royaume, Galimania, Isentran, United States of Island land, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Marxist Germany, Vivolkha, Carthegia, Megistos, Greater Puptioneberadon, New Kowloon Bay, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Krystalveil, Chip Skylark, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Ilfarasia, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Silvedania, and Alemputo.