|Leader||Queen Jessica L Williams III|
The United Kingdom of Mediama is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Queen Jessica L Williams III with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working population of 4.337 billion Mediamen have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Illustrantia. The average income tax rate is 80.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Mediaman economy, worth 731 trillion Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 168,658 Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Statues of famous citizens are erected or demolished on a purely partisan basis, bike rage is all the rage, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mediama's national animal is the Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, statues of famous citizens are erected or demolished on a purely partisan basis.
- : Mediama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, the sanitised and dull music festivals of Mediama are famed for their reasonable volume levels.
- : Following new legislation in Mediama, every workday begins with group therapy.
Endorsements Received: 62 » The Seven Provinces, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Saint Domingo, Lexembourg, Imperium Anglorum, Yahlia, Wombelland, Sinclairtown, Troltovia, Ministanopolis, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Dark Matter, Einswenn, The New Nordic Union, An Clar, Slavorussia, Evka, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Slavonia and Srijem, Bohomo, Northern German Federation, Ahma, Lovisa, Thracia Republic, Irminsulia, Regnum Italiae, New Venous, Alsted, Schultzheim, St Scarlett, Frahnkzaden, Rouvenor, Hexace, The Imperial Shannon, Feria-Alkaline, North Wildmark, The Champions League, Outer Sparta, Rhineland Ruhr and Alsace Lorraine, Ordo Lucis, Stromia, Continental Social Democrats, Pazano, Unionist Mercia, Leszno, North of Americas, The Scheldt, Europe a Nation, Dizgovzy, Kaspinia, and 12 others.Dorpz, Southern Catholics, British Tegon Der, Red Matter, Rivierenland, Argino, Greate San Marino, Alba-Nord, Kirostan, Picuros, Thracia and Crimea, and Bolger.