The Federal Republic of Mecilo is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 523 million Mecilans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 54.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Meciloan economy, worth 28.2 trillion Petzis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is 53,844 Petzis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Where there's a will there is usually a password manager, vaccinations are mandatory, the news is showing footage of Leader bullying an old man to the point of tears, and scientists are working on a way to automate the role of Leader. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mecilo's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mecilo's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Mecilo's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Mecilo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Mecilo's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Mecilo's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Mecilo relocated from Hiyamashu to Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Mecilo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Mecilo's influence in Hiyamashu rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Mecilo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Mecilo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.