The Corporate Conglomerate of Mechisla is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Seeyo with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.195 billion Mechoslians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Norbin. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Mechislan economy, worth 441 trillion Buroes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 138,167 Buroes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 737,114 per year while the poor average 13,610, a ratio of 54.2 to 1.
Engineers preemptively order lawyers after every power cut, bris parties are all the rage, the military struggles with recruitment, and there's a bright dawn ahead for Mechisla. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mechisla's national animal is the Sleeper Shark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Northern Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, there's a bright dawn ahead for Mechisla.
- : Mechisla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, the military struggles with recruitment.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, engineers preemptively order lawyers after every power cut.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, crime is on the rise as online youths compete to vlog the most shocking scenes of violence.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, high school bands practice by moonlight.
- : Following new legislation in Mechisla, the comic book series 'Seeyo and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Mechisla changed its national leader to "Seeyo".