|Leader||Governor-General Abdul Barazani|
The Pashtun Moslem Republic of Mebet is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Governor-General Abdul Barazani with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 5.86 billion Pashtuns are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kabul. The average income tax rate is 31.2%.
The very strong Pashtuni economy, worth 431 trillion Pashtun Rupees a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Cheese Exports, and Tourism. Average income is 73,608 Pashtun Rupees, with the richest citizens earning 5.0 times as much as the poorest.
Videogames like 'Equalia: Knights of Self-Confidence' are proving inexplicably unpopular, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, and police drones follow every suspected Peeping Tom. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mebet's national animal is the Pashtun Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mebet's influence in The Concert of Europe rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Mebet was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Mebet's influence in The Concert of Europe rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Mebet's influence in The Concert of Europe rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Mebet lodged a message on the The Concert of Europe Regional Message Board.
- : Mebet's influence in The Concert of Europe rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Mebet's influence in The Concert of Europe rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Mebet resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Mebet's influence in The Concert of Europe rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Mebet published "Pashtun Moslem Republic (Pashtunistan)" (Factbook: Overview).