The Republic of Me 163 is a large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 97 million Me 163ians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The very strong Me 163ian economy, worth 6.65 trillion Rocket Boosters a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 68,525 Rocket Boosters, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending is on the increase, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Me 163's national animal is the Salamander, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Me 163 changed its national motto to "The only rocket plane! The komet!".
- : Me 163's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Me 163 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Me 163 lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Me 163 altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Me 163, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Me 163, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Me 163 was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Me 163, military spending is on the increase.
- : Me 163 was founded in The South Pacific.