The Democratic States of Mayris is a very large, socially progressive nation, notable for its frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 155 million Mayrisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 15.5%.
The Mayrisian economy, worth 8.95 trillion Marans a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. Average income is 57,719 Marans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Mayris City's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, elected officials often serve for decades in a single term, online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Mayris, and Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mayris's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mayris was endorsed by The Holy Red Hot Potato of Spudlandia.
- : Mayris was endorsed by The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
- : Mayris's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Mayris, Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested.
- : Mayris was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Mayris's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Mayris was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Mayris was endorsed by The Proudly Blue Peoples of United Socialists of the Highest Power.
- : Following new legislation in Mayris, online weather reports are predicting five years of glorious sunshine for Mayris.
- : Following new legislation in Mayris, elected officials often serve for decades in a single term.