|Leader||Max the wearer-of-many-crowns|
The Illuminated Autocracy of Max Empire is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Max the wearer-of-many-crowns with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 21.323 billion Maxians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maxopolis. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Maxian economy, worth an astonishing 12,556 trillion Maxian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 588,860 Maxian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region, citizens try to pass off bottlecaps they found in their backyards as historical artifacts, glamping Maxians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi, and protests are prohibited from blocking traffic. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Max Empire's national animal is the Maxian bird, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Maxism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Max Empire's influence in Phoenix Coalition fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Max Empire's influence in Phoenix Coalition rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Max Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement, the Top 5% for Best Weather, and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Max Empire, protests are prohibited from blocking traffic.
- : Following new legislation in Max Empire, glamping Maxians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Following new legislation in Max Empire, citizens try to pass off bottlecaps they found in their backyards as historical artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Max Empire, hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Max Empire, farmers in arid regions are puzzled with government directions to plant rice this year.
- : Max Empire was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Max Empire was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 5% for Best Weather.