The Democratic Socialist Union of Mauvemarke is a massive, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.709 billion Movi love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Śanbolye. The average income tax rate is 91.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Movic economy, worth 246 trillion Labour Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 90,958 Labour Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Some electoral districts are without a representative as they are stuck with perpetual revotes, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, mechanics are often exhausted by their work, and planespotters are emigrating in droves. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mauvemarke's national animal is the Feilakaun, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Aesiddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mauvemarke was endorsed by The United States of Maupedonia.
- : Mauvemarke voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Personal Data"".
- : Mauvemarke was endorsed by The United Industrial Communes of Cephesylon.
- : Following new legislation in Mauvemarke, planespotters are emigrating in droves.
- : Following new legislation in Mauvemarke, mechanics are often exhausted by their work.
- : Following new legislation in Mauvemarke, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Mauvemarke, some electoral districts are without a representative as they are stuck with perpetual revotes.
- : Following new legislation in Mauvemarke, helping grandma with her Misgendering 101 homework is a national rite of passage.
- : Mauvemarke was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Mauvemarke altered its national flag.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Slotheria, Requand, Alvero, Appaloosa, Cessnia, Gallifrax, Bartrandia, Venovica, Ovskiland, Taliand, Daophi, Wileyshire, Cuscatlan, Elyndia, Westerlies, Nuevo Burrito, Wu Wei Shan, Borrominia, Celle Franca, Syvis, New Andureo, Dekks, Propatria, Silabar, The New Liberated California, Cephesylon, and Maupedonia.