|Leader||Wernher Van Der Westphalia|
The Union of Mauretania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Wernher Van Der Westphalia with an even hand, and notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 11.505 billion Mauretanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carpathia. The average income tax rate is 21.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Mauretanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,084 trillion Mauretania Rand a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 94,272 Mauretania Rand, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Bike rage is all the rage, the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping, and crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mauretania's national animal is the Alpine Oryx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Dutch Reform.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mauretania's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mauretania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Mauretania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Zombified, the Top 5% for Most Dead, and the Top 10% for Most Zombies.
- : Mauretania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Mauretania's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Mauretania's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Mauretania's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Mauretania's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Mauretania's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Mauretania lodged a message on the United Kingdom Regional Message Board.