The Socialist Republic of Maupedonia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Rienne with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, hatred of cheese, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.198 billion Maupedonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dovington. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Maupedonian economy, worth 269 trillion innends a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 84,295 innends, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, the government's stance on marriage is 'Let Maupedonians marry themselves', the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maupedonia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maupedonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Maupedonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, the government's stance on marriage is 'Let Maupedonians marry themselves'.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Maupedonia endorsed The Egalitarian Democracy of Gay Space Communists.
- : Maupedonia endorsed The United Socialist States of Listainia.
- : Maupedonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Maupedonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
Endorsements Received: 70 » Roenland, Silabar, Scientists Allied, The New Liberated California, Venovica, Pyceiline, Westerlies, Wileyshire, Liossalde, Proxmire, United Syndicates of Sol, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Yousta, Galtova, Requand, Balkvla Islands, West eire, Ezechard, Vowpin, Ludense, YouTube Rewind 2018, Taliand, AtlasBarfed, Varavano, Mauvemarke, Eythronia, Rayo, Morfeyra, Qingling, Syvis, New Viles, Muirstead, Vennon, Zenthen Isles, Mexican Syndicalists, Omida, Tiger Commune, Alta Aztlan, Curlingland, Ebberia, Sevnia, The Finno-Estonian Empire, Dracran Bat, Determistan, Talamia, Free Van Chet, Upper Chult, Numpty, Luzdelsol, Anacomia, and 20 others.Small Potato, Siriza, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Teton Sebo, Taigaria, The Sugaree, Waitomo District, Vestakin, Ligyptodan, Republic of Turbin, Cuillin, Nouveau Socialiste France, Milinaria, Veyoris, Hoonn, Welfington, Rampant Fae, The Lowlands, Dekks, and Octario.