The Socialist Republic of Maupedonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Rienne with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, ban on automobiles, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.732 billion Maupedonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dovington. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The thriving Maupedonian economy, worth 451 trillion innends a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 95,431 innends, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing, people boast about their low income on their dating profiles, the nation's biggest export is stupidity, and prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maupedonia's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, the nation's biggest export is stupidity.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, people boast about their low income on their dating profiles.
- : Maupedonia's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Maupedonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing.
- : Following new legislation in Maupedonia, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Maupedonia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Maupedonia relocated from Balder to Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Maupedonia was refounded in Balder.