The Liberated of Matism is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Hank Scorpio with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.644 billion Free People enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Globex. The average income tax rate is 94.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Matismian economy, worth a remarkable 1,145 trillion Scorpios a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 132,492 Scorpios, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Matism's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Matism endorsed The PɐɹƃuᴉuǝpɐɹɐɥɐW of Nagaraningrad.
- : Matism was endorsed by The PɐɹƃuᴉuǝpɐɹɐɥɐW of Nagaraningrad.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, the government has begun selling heroin and ecstasy to help fund its projects.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, children's daycare starts at the crack of dawn.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, builders across Matism are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Matism endorsed The Robo Orangugrump of Papercuts and Skittles.
- : Matism was endorsed by The Robo Orangugrump of Papercuts and Skittles.
- : Following new legislation in Matism, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Liberillia, The Free States of Gotham, Wickedly evil people, Kittenlicious, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Tropical Isles, Fujai, Atheist States of Philippines, Akshireuya, Wyndward, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Kiensu, The Undivided, Einherfell, IndyCar Racing, Holmani, Q The Almighty, Fallen Iron Duke, Anuubis, Archonina, Volkason, Westwind, Professor thomas, Giovanniland, Dilber, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, BIteland, Aldesport, Xicqy, Plarland Amex, Zuriath, Antahbrantahstan, Mackieron, Leukogeras, Forcaforta, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Bhang Bhang Duc, Weratt, DiscGolfLand, Podium, Dictator s, The Anti-Social Socialists, Av Libertas Vindex, Nas Crustium, The North American Assembly, and 8 others.Santos-Dominius, Dowaesk, Terra Socialiste, Acerola Orion, Larxia, Vlobbania, Papercuts and Skittles, and Nagaraningrad.