The People's Ambient Technocracy of Mathematania is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Calculo Calculi with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 25.603 billion Mathematanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mathematania City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The strong Mathematanian economy, worth a remarkable 3,836 trillion cpus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is an impressive 149,862 cpus, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants, sex changes are routinely performed at Mathematania's hospitals, and both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade. Crime is totally unknown. Mathematania's national animal is the rainbow horned toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mathematania's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Mathematania was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Whia Fra.
- : Mathematania's influence in The West Pacific fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Mathematania was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, sex changes are routinely performed at Mathematania's hospitals.
- : Mathematania endorsed The Emirate of Maessa.
- : Mathematania was endorsed by The Emirate of Maessa.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Following new legislation in Mathematania, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Antahbrantahstan, Elegarth, Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Fujai, Wickedly evil people, Xupqeu, Sindria, Chestaan, Anzat, Drachmaland, Majdim, Illusionist, KREFIELD, Consular, BIteland, Yy4u, Greg Tucker, Fellos, Jadanese, New Justusia, Oometz, Numpties, Ferroia, Big Bad Badger, Tweedsmere, Lemuria Islands, DiscGolfLand, Davelands, Darkesia, Mithrandia, Vitanu, Snoorphy, Himmel Ende, Kolabs Beach, Kitanome, Bohemund, The Garfieldites, PYT, United A, Abaja, Les Guyanes, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, United Dominant Nations, Libriskan, Oberonia Minor, Brandopoli, Cynical Atheists, Stavrosia, Rancilvanyia, and 17 others.Triestine, Caethaera, Orsianders, WOH G64, Willania Imperium, Atheist States of Philippines, Bran Astor, Aenglaland, The Falkland Island, The Undivided, Welives, Solveigs Tower, Hahawa, The Glorious Arstotzkan State, Aeneisia, Maessa, and Whia Fra.