The Republic of Marting is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working population of 2.744 billion Martingians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. The average income tax rate is 21.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Martingian economy, worth 313 trillion francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 114,188 francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
The question of 'what is Leader's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, the restriction that you must be over 1.1 metres tall to ride a carnotaurus has recently been waived, and fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Marting's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marting was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Marting, fifty years of pension funds can disappear in half a second.
- : Marting endorsed The People's Republic of Soggy Isles.
- : Marting endorsed The Democratic Republic of Korpar.
- : Marting endorsed The United Socialist States of Dlarka.
- : Marting endorsed The United Socialist States of Union of Socialist Republics of America.
- : Marting endorsed The United Socialist States of North Dyongping.
- : Marting endorsed The Federation of Khmao.
- : Following new legislation in Marting, the restriction that you must be over 1.1 metres tall to ride a carnotaurus has recently been waived.
- : Marting voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Panhist Turkey, Have Reares Aressild, Nicarberrolicka, Nordgardia, Sartirana Ateocracy, NamChoSun, Ex Patrian SSR, Luperca, DDPexG, Rocazulada, Whia Fra, Anarchist LGBT NazTrot Communism, Omalio, Belarusiaa, Reformed Angokazant, Lymiria, Puraykinia, Happer, and Menechistan.