The Matriarchy of Mars Chan is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 457 million martians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.2%.
The thriving martian economy, worth 29.1 trillion kaleds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Pizza Delivery, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 63,596 kaleds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 274,711 per year while the poor average 9,373, a ratio of 29.3 to 1.
For just a few extra kaleds martians can get new driving records with their new cars, kids' party bags often contain candy and e-cigarettes, it is customary to begin the summer with a fasting ritual in which people eat nothing but kumquat smoothies, and the government has an "easy come, easy go" policy on youth crime. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Mars Chan's national animal is the robot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mars Chan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Mars Chan's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Mars Chan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Mars Chan relocated from Osiris to 10000 Islands.
- : Mars Chan was refounded in Osiris.
- : Mars Chan ceased to exist in Team 10.
- : Mars Chan's influence in Team 10 rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Mars Chan's influence in Team 10 rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Mars Chan's influence in Team 10 rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Mars Chan's influence in Team 10 rose from "Zero" to "Page".