The United States of Market-88 is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its burgeoning Tim population. The hard-working population of 734 million Market-88ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 22.5%.
The Market-88ian economy, worth 30.2 trillion Dollars a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 41,174 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Market-88's national animal is the Tim, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Market-88's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Market-88's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Market-88's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Market-88's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Market-88 relocated from Oliverian Empire to Artificial Solar System.
- : Market-88 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Market-88 altered its national flag.
- : Market-88's influence in Oliverian Empire rose from "Instigator" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Market-88 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Average.
- : Market-88's influence in Oliverian Empire fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Instigator".