|Leader||President Cornelius Crewes|
The Corporate Federation of Maritzal is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Cornelius Crewes with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, soft-spoken computers, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 8.121 billion Maritzalians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Meridian. The average income tax rate is 91.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Maritzalian economy, worth a remarkable 3,356 trillion Pistas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched black market in Information Technology, Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 413,261 Pistas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The Motherland's muscle-bound athletes won 786 medals at the last United Europe Games, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance. Crime is totally unknown. Maritzal's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the Motherland's muscle-bound athletes won 786 medals at the last United Europe Games.
- : Maritzal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the experimental sculpture "Overtures In Dried Cat Dung" has been declared a national treasure.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the term "Native Maritzalian" has been redefined as anyone with the same skin color as the majority.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, the Museum of Blackacrean War Crimes is located on "Blackacre Did Nothing Wrong Avenue".
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Maritzal, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
Endorsements Received: 113 » Imperium Anglorum, The Seven Provinces, Troltovia, The New Nordic Union, Lovisa, Slavorussia, Dark Matter, Outer Sparta, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Einswenn, An Clar, Evka, Popaholick, Lexembourg, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Wombelland, Sinclairtown, Northern German Federation, Galway-Dublin, Alympian Kingdom, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Feria-Alkaline, Slavonia and Srijem, Bohomo, Ahma, Thracia Republic, Daneforth, Irminsulia, Regnum Italiae, Pilipinas and Malaya, Cre Alworkez, North of Americas, Alsted, St Scarlett, Brakanistan, Ostermarch, The Champions League, Rouvenor, South St Maarten, GanymedEuropa, Boldia, Chioganah, Pazano, New Ylicia, Kaspinia, Belmoren, Purgatio, Stukilo, Dorpz, and 63 others.Death Bat, Amicities, Greate San Marino, Thracia and Crimea, Estonesia, Miharr, Germany Third Reich, Cytadela, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Beauprix, Nardin, Kenmoria WA Mission, Republic Of Vox, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Parliamentary Laramidia, British Norklon, Pydrus, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, Nevelja, New Vorarlberg, Gingera, MFG R, Sagral, Suissen, Permorania, Apabeossie, Cherised Lands of Galicia, Lumitauka, Novo Portugal, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Free Furentenia, Belgique et France, Mallesia, Stromia, Neuchateau, Betasia, Old Katy, Leszno, Walfo, Porury, Navence, Novum Hesperia, Preusses, Lord Sapre, Rijland, Monte Naranja, Enway, Swillinia, Free Workers Macedon, Shagolaa, Caoripp, Legique, Sienkahn, Elitestland, The Pagan Moon, Kanokla, and Bathera.