The Republic of Marine Islands is a massive, genial nation, notable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.409 billion Marine Islandsians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marine city. The average income tax rate is 28.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Marine Islandsian economy, worth 59.4 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,192 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians spend more time in courtrooms than in Parliament, Marine Islands has designated Marine city as its capital city, the tobacco industry has burnt out, and a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Marine Islandsian politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marine Islands's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marine Islands's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Marine Islands's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Marine Islands relocated from Auctoritan Commonwealth to The Rejected Realms.
- : Marine Islands was ejected and banned from Auctoritan Commonwealth by The Dominion of Kostona.
- : The Republic of Trees Island dismissed Marine Islands as Communications Officer of Thaecia Puppet Colony.
- : Marine Islands's influence in Auctoritan Commonwealth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Marine Islands's influence in Auctoritan Commonwealth rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Marine Islands relocated from Lazarus to Auctoritan Commonwealth.
- : Marine Islands was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Marine Islands ceased to exist in Thaecia Puppet Colony.