The Republic of Marianian is a small, genial nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 26 million Marianianians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 29.8%.
The strong Marianianian economy, worth 1.24 trillion marians a year, is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 47,866 marians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
People accuse the government of being in bed with Big Safety, the government is reining in public spending, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, and cars are banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marianian's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marianian's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Marianian resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Marianian was endorsed by The Vizier of Asendavia.
- : Marianian published "Provinces of Marianian" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Marianian published "History of Marianian" (Factbook: History).
- : Marianian was endorsed by The Most Handsome of Marrabuk.
- : Marianian was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive and the Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Marianian was endorsed by The Perehxekoinmipia of East Malaysia.
- : Marianian submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Environmental Board entitled "protection of the environment from unlawful mining".
- : Marianian was endorsed by The Empire of Aquyia.