|Leader||General Director Laika Curie|
|Faith||LSC is my main source of salt|
The Commonwealth of Marfe is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by General Director Laika Curie with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.641 billion Marfeans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sophia. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Marfean economy, worth 362 trillion Marfe marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 137,391 Marfe marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
In life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marfe's national animal is the Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is LSC is my main source of salt.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marfe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Marfe, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Marfe's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Marfe was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Marfe relocated from Osiris to The East Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Marfe, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Marfe, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Marfe altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Marfe, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Marfe was refounded in Osiris.