|Capital||Old Mardatan City|
|Faith||Freedom of Religion|
The Republic of Mardatan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Hans Govenica with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, digital currency, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, devout population of 4.354 billion Mardatanians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Administration are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Old Mardatan City. The average income tax rate is 67.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mardatanian economy, worth 465 trillion USDS a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 106,907 USDS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
When shaking hands with foreign leaders Hans Govenica wears an armoured gauntlet, babies are a small but significant export, bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic, and government projects are full of waste. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mardatan's national animal is the Black Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Freedom of Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mardatan published "Anti-WA stuff" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Mardatan deleted a regional poll in Segmentum Tempestus.
- : Mardatan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in Mardatan, government projects are full of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Mardatan, bargain-hunting is considered unpatriotic.
- : Following new legislation in Mardatan, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Mardatan's influence in Segmentum Tempestus rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Following new legislation in Mardatan, when shaking hands with foreign leaders Hans Govenica wears an armoured gauntlet.
- : Following new legislation in Mardatan, students who do not recite the national anthem each morning have to drop and give their teacher 50.
- : Following new legislation in Mardatan, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.