The Federation of Mardano is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, national health service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 228 million Mardanoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 13.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Mardanoan economy, worth 15.0 trillion Mardano Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 65,781 Mardano Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets, the government seizes all major gold finds, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia, and the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Mardano's national animal is the Grayscal Porpoise.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mardano was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Tyirza.
- : Mardano was endorsed by The Constitutional Dicatatorship of Religioncord.
- : Following new legislation in Mardano, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
- : Mardano was endorsed by The Republic of Kazoo Basin.
- : Mardano was endorsed by The Holy Red Monster of Mon Island.
- : Following new legislation in Mardano, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia.
- : Following new legislation in Mardano, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Mardano, soldiers' positions are given away by the glint of their bayonets.
- : Mardano was endorsed by The Imperialist Immortal Empire of Alexander the Magnus.
- : Mardano was endorsed by The Cybernetic Utopia of Steampunk Ariel.
Endorsements Received: 113 » Dreadton, Imperial Pieserged, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Seijitsu, Orado, Guer Aike, Venicea, Ethnon, North Bratislava, Bharathvarsh, Zemnaya Svoboda, Star Kingdom, Former English Colony, Corfad, Koda-Land, Zzozona, Wilkshire, Shibutani, Notyoutopia, Ellbonnia, Valgarda, Yaorozu, Unshleepd, The Rhein States, Hamerica, Crusadam, Territorio di Nessuno, Xentherida, Aerilia, Francois Isidore, Siwale, Kocherian, Figyjharli, Svenskskit, New Lakemba, Ravendi, Lulubellia, Clan Spaniel, Cretox State, Aeolist, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Omnistria, Yokciq Empire, Loutsland, Great Bights Mum, Barabolia, Votak Matim, Sundred, Dar es Saalam, and 63 others.Republica Guilleana, Navsland, Travislavania, Hardscrabble, McMasterdonia, Illusia and Neverendia, Valentine Z, The Tampa Bay Rays, Shadowrik, Free Salvation, Bankowiata, El Fiji Grande, Empy, Sachi, The Pantheons, Wisconsota, Nodnarb, Maratabat, Runeda, Pallaith, Sikol, Svenskan, Kragsgale, Frances Francis the First of France, North Unity, Maott, Madjack, Interdimensional Zone, Wineclaw, Sanjurika, Wapistan, Trumpski, Andexia, Selfgradatude, The Republic of Free Peoples, Dangine, Sunto, Questann, Lol2639, Sil Dorsett, Chips and Guac, Siforpeo, Fauzjhia, Simone Republic, Xagill, Kranostav, Holy Oranz, Super Girl, Pasargad, Uzbek Khan, Yellops, Aryan Homeland, East Akra, BTProductions, Draconian Progression, Xyrron, Climeria, Steampunk Ariel, Alexander the Magnus, Mon Island, Kazoo Basin, Religioncord, and Tyirza.