|Leader||Leader Of Mars|
The Constitutional Monarchy of Marcianus is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Leader Of Mars with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, complete lack of prisons, and smutty television. The hard-working, democratic population of 3.456 billion Martians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marcianus Capitis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Martian economy, worth 551 trillion Esens a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 159,507 Esens, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 697,455 per year while the poor average 23,013, a ratio of 30.3 to 1.
'.lib' or '.con' domains indicate whether Martian websites are meant for liberals or conservatives, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia, the nation's generous tax credits have brought all the film studios to the yard, and the government spends billions to protect Marcianus from a disaster that is one in a million. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Marcianus's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marcianus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Cloning Conventions".
- : Marcianus's influence in The UNM fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Marcianus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes".
- : Marcianus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Antifa".
- : Marcianus published "Martian National Alert System (MNAS)" (Account: Other).
- : Marcianus published "March on, Marcianus! - National Anthem" (Account: Culture).
- : Marcianus published "Martian Tourism" (Account: Diplomacy).
- : Marcianus published "The Martian Flag" (Account: Culture).
- : Marcianus published "Martian Economy" (Account: Other).
- : Marcianus published "Martian Military" (Account: Military).
Endorsements Received: None.