|Leader||Consul Marcus Aurelius|
The Republic of Marcellinople is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Consul Marcus Aurelius with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working population of 29.413 billion Marcellinopleans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marcellinople Urbs. The average income tax rate is 1.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Marcellinoplean economy, worth a remarkable 6,956 trillion Denarii Marcellis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an amazing 236,514 Denarii Marcellis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
The road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide, and employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Marcellinople's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marcellinople voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide.
- : Marcellinople was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Marcellinople was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Marcellinople endorsed The Rogue Nation of Ladandtopia.
- : Marcellinople voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, the road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration.
- : Following new legislation in Marcellinople, the 'Museum Of Stuff We Stole' is a tourist favourite.
Endorsements Received: 89 » The New California Republic, Praenestia, Caldariat, Aaecilia, Aigania, Axixic, Saundie, Wilhelmsborough, Courlany, Treadwellia, Nargorthia, Killer Kitty, Bobs raider puppet, Pherttsylvania, Margandy, Aleckandor, Darkium, New Rogernomics, Russiane, Ecchi Unlimited, Othan, Sireco, Sophisica, Caybow, Sombrassino, Greygard, Denado, Mzeusia, Snoodum, Perchan, Burning Pants, Lazarene Ryccia, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, Capercom, Steel Vagabonds, The Sigometh Dynasty, Aflana, Custadia, Arkanik, Leton, Alopecia Totalis, Xracona, Fortytipper, The Salvation States, Treat-Seeking Missiles, Cossack Peoples, Loftegen 3, Wencee, Aguaria Major, and 39 others.Glorious Society, Shaunborough, Cieran, Aegis-5, Surd, Sletho, Ni Hon, Flurf, Manaric, Thetraxia, Pama Freeza, Mainze, Reppolise, Roboponainia, Outlaw Conformity, Halliway, Auralon, Tor Otto, Trumps Dictatorship, Darcaethir, Northern Rosary Isles, Leonism, Issrak-om, Grand Place, The Islands of Colwell, TypoTech, Sadakoyama, The Federalist Unions, Ioboriya, Inceptio, Sveta Makreshanska Kraljevina, Pans Desta, Arclandia, Domais, Significantly Sized Bricks, Tradle Peloni, Debussy, Honeydewistania, and Ladandtopia.