The Holy Empire of Marabia is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Supreme Dictator Lykke with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 2.256 billion Marabs are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marabesh City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.4%.
The all-consuming Marabian economy, worth 211 trillion camels a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,590 camels, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 266,813 per year while the poor average 26,178, a ratio of 10.2 to 1.
The sound of wooden legs echo throughout Marabia after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, soldiers find that home gadgets and power tools are more effective as improvised weapons than the guns they've been issued, the question of 'what is Supreme Dictator Lykke's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange, and Marabesh City is a police state during international summits. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marabia's national animal is the Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marabia was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Marabia was endorsed by The Republic of Forunte.
- : Marabia was endorsed by The Republic of Yaris.
- : Marabia was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Following new legislation in Marabia, Marabesh City is a police state during international summits.
- : Following new legislation in Marabia, the question of 'what is Supreme Dictator Lykke's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange.
- : Following new legislation in Marabia, soldiers find that home gadgets and power tools are more effective as improvised weapons than the guns they've been issued.
- : Following new legislation in Marabia, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Marabia after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Marabia, employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM.
- : Marabia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Notyoutopia, Vantaria, Athenian Coalition, Unimaginable Doom, Yaorozu, Frances Francis the First of France, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Lionia, Sunto, Guslantis, Meritdom, HMS Unicorn, Bharathvarsh, Elspeth and Samina, Novare Res, Zyvetskistaahn, Selfgradatude, Xentherida, Sil Dorsett, Vegetarian States, Shadowrik, Pasargad, Great Bights Mum, Avalon, Holy Oranz, Ceretis, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Wisconsota, The Galactic Triumvirate, SillyString, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Republic of Dixie, American MapleStory, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Wineclaw, Sankami, Malta Comino Gozo, Merconitonitopia, Weath, Empy, Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Religioncord, Indereac Lanx, Apetopia, Kingdom of Space, Upper Portlandia, Enosville, Kaschovia, Morrn, and 35 others.Ovsterland, Vazali, Ainsworth, Alice Gardens, Lord Ravenclaw, Valdr, Southern Stroraia, Omicron Persei V111, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Pallaith, Kwaj, Coemgen, Reannia, General COE, Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Moristia, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Faxfleet, Cleoskye, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Kizja, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Sheppey, Yaris, Forunte, and Zemnaya Svoboda.