The Grace and Precision of Maple 8 is a colossal, orderly nation, renowned for its aversion to nipples, anti-smoking policies, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.638 billion Maple 8ians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Maple 8ian economy, worth 934 trillion planets a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,794 planets, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
Dogs are encouraged to confront the psychodynamic roots of their desire to be "good boys", police struggle to solve crimes due to the lack of fingerprint records, burning yourself alive is not okay but starving and whipping yourself is fine, and they say the best compromise leaves everyone feeling a little unarmed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maple 8's national animal is the puffin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maple 8's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Maple 8's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Maple 8 relocated from The Dual Alliance to Primitiveness.
- : Maple 8 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Maple 8's influence in The Dual Alliance rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Diplomat".
- : Maple 8 resigned as Detag of The Dual Alliance.
- : Maple 8 withdrew a request for embassies between The Dual Alliance and Pasridi Confederacy.
- : Maple 8 cancelled the closure of embassies between The Dual Alliance and The Embassy.
- : Maple 8 cancelled the closure of embassies between The Dual Alliance and Fredonia.
- : Maple 8 aborted construction of embassies between The Dual Alliance and Plum Island.