The Grace and Precision of Maple 26 is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, otherworldly petting zoo, and ritual sacrifices. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 6.27 billion Maple 26ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 22.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Maple 26ian economy, worth 657 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 104,804 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government's economic policy is "sort it yourself", judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, and the government hopes that Federation janitors overhear all of the good gossip. Crime is moderate. Maple 26's national animal is the puffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maple 26's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Maple 26's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Maple 26 relocated from Er e to Primitiveness.
- : Maple 26 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Maple 26's influence in Er e rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Maple 26 resigned as Detag of Er e.
- : Maple 26 withdrew a request for embassies between Er e and Pasridi Confederacy.
- : Maple 26 aborted construction of embassies between Er e and Plum Island.
- : Maple 26 changed the regional banner of Er e.
- : Maple 26 abolished the regional flag of Er e.