The Grace and Precision of Maple 24 is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its fear of technology, parental licensing program, and prohibition of alcohol. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 5.856 billion Maple 24ians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. The average income tax rate is 38.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Maple 24ian economy, worth 592 trillion planets a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,241 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The education system is famed for its taxing exams, the government is reining in public spending, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless, and cops shout apologies with every swing of their baton. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maple 24's national animal is the puffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maple 24's influence in Puppets Anonymous rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Maple 24's influence in Puppets Anonymous rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Maple 24's influence in Puppets Anonymous rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Maple 24 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Maple 24's influence in Puppets Anonymous rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Maple 24 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Puppets Anonymous.
- : Maple 24 was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Takkaviita III.
- : Maple 24 was endorsed by The Republic of Produck Placement.
- : Maple 24 relocated from Television Stations to Artificial Solar System.
- : Maple 24 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Television Stations.