|Leader||President Palakiko Henele|
The State of Mantara is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Palakiko Henele with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.52 billion Mantarans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mantara City. The average income tax rate is 44.5%.
The Mantaran economy, worth 162 trillion dalas a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 46,187 dalas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Anti-tourism militias patrol the borders, homophobia is off the menu, pushy mums tell their kids to be doctors and engineers but steer them away from being penniless lawyers, and the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mantara's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Keʻelemakule.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Mantara relocated from Lazarus to Meillur.
- : Mantara was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Mantara ceased to exist in Meillur.
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Mantara's influence in Meillur rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".