The Free Market Network of Maniaca is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Oliver J McKraut with a fair hand, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 30.764 billion Maniacans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Maniacan economy, worth a remarkable 6,436 trillion pounds effin sterlings a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 209,237 pounds effin sterlings, with the richest citizens earning 6.8 times as much as the poorest.
It turns out that money can buy you happiness, personal injury lawyers are demanding compensation from the government after recent reductions in manufacturer liability, the army spends more time producing 'romantic videos' than actually training soldiers, and every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Maniaca's national animal is the armored velociraptor, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor.
- : Following new legislation in Maniaca, the army spends more time producing 'romantic videos' than actually training soldiers.
- : Maniaca changed its national currency to "pounds effin sterling".
- : Maniaca lodged a message on the Nasicournia Regional Message Board.
- : Maniaca proposed constructing embassies between Alcatraz and Nasicournia.
- : Maniaca's influence in Alcatraz fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Maniaca's influence in Alcatraz rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector, the Top 5% for Largest Information Technology Sector, and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Maniaca was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.