|Leader||King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh|
The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 20.145 billion Maltropians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Public Transport receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newmarsh. The average income tax rate is 3.4%.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 2,492 trillion ducats a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 123,717 ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, voting is voluntary, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Maltropian lands, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maltropia's national animal is the snapping turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maltropia agreed to construct embassies between Paradoxia and Auratus.
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restricting Solitary Confinement".
- : Maltropia agreed to construct embassies between Paradoxia and Fredonia.
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities".
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II".
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Imperium Anglorum"".
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Maltropia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Debtor Voting Rights".
- : Maltropia lodged a message on the Paradoxia Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northern Bigfootia.