|Leader||King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh|
The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Brendan Ua Chorcaigh with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 18.145 billion Maltropians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Education and Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Public Transport aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newmarsh. The average income tax rate is 2.9%.
The all-consuming Maltropian economy, worth a remarkable 2,313 trillion ducats a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Retail. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 127,501 ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, voting is voluntary, tourists are forbidden to enter Native Maltropian lands, and census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Maltropia's national animal is the snapping turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Agricultural Invasive Species Act".
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Minority Languages".
- : Maltropia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Black Hawks".
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 5% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Maltropia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Northern Bigfootia.