The Community of Maltaron is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Totolecoco with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.078 billion Maltaronians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teranon. The average income tax rate is 68.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Maltaronian economy, worth 88.4 trillion marcs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 81,984 marcs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's biggest export is stupidity, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, police reduce their paperwork by refusing to arrest anyone, and crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maltaron's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, police reduce their paperwork by refusing to arrest anyone.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country.
- : Maltaron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Maltaron endorsed The Mighty Foundation of Concrete Slab.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, the nation's biggest export is stupidity.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Maltaron, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Maltaron was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 72 » The Worst army of, Abarri, Qvait, Purple Hyacinth, Aidenfieeld, New Briantown, Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Land Without Shrimp, Auphelia, Bawkie, Andinla, Aumeltopia, House Ahsanul, Midand, Drystar, Bartonia Nova, Concrete Slab, Brunier, Kandorith, Terran Draconia, Ebonhand, Royaltica, Alfama, Erinor, Marinho Islands, Tsunamy, Sedunn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Farengeto, Nowa Europa, West Pastafaria, Rabbitz, Apartment 11F, WI SD EA D, Shefino, Belschaft, Abyssal Phantasm, Rotenaplistan, Eskvenn, Beepee, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The Imperial Frost Federation, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, and 22 others.Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, New Goldman, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Dai Han, The United Australian States, Ipugao, and The Langburn Islands.