The Rodentine Union of Malphe is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Horsell with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, free-roaming dinosaurs, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 5.47 billion Rats enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Horsonopile. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rodentine economy, worth 854 trillion Malphaen Denarii a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 156,283 Malphaen Denarii, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
The seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire, elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, and sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon. Crime is totally unknown. Malphe's national animal is the Desert Woodrat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Flemingovianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malphe changed its national motto to "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxK1q7xikX0".
- : Malphe resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Empire of Niradans.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Snoodum.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Grand Monarchy of United Draconia.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Republic of CelebrityDude.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Holy Christmas Revolution of Omnistria.
- : Malphe was endorsed by The Republic of Katschekistan.
- : Malphe lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.