The Free Land of Mallar is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Akhlis with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.322 billion free and happy people are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dochner. The average income tax rate is 63.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The free and happy economy, worth 88.5 trillion Mals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 66,926 Mals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
High-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead", and 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mallar's national animal is the yupp, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Gnoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mallar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Mallar was endorsed by The Corporate Empire of Depackya.
- : Mallar was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Ploti Nologi.
- : Mallar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Mallar, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly.
- : Following new legislation in Mallar, hipster cyclists declare that "metal is dead".
- : Following new legislation in Mallar, every citizen must submit to DNA testing to be eliminated from police inquiries.
- : Mallar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
- : Mallar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : Mallar was endorsed by The Eternal Imperial Queendom of Regna Loreau.
Endorsements Received: 14 » ShrewLlamaLand, Refarria, Emerald Order, Jocospor, Otogal, Terra de Combattimento, Winter Gulley, Vlamms Statt, Shoezone, Taurus94, Nestruia, Regna Loreau, Ploti Nologi, and Depackya.