The United Socialist States of Malkotistan is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, soft-spoken computers, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate population of 650 million Malkotistanis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laktavia. The average income tax rate is 76.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Malkotistani economy, worth 44.0 trillion Malkovs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is 67,726 Malkovs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months, on-duty Air Malkotistan flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, and the nation solves other countries' human rights problems with a generous dose of violence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malkotistan's national animal is the vulture, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, the nation solves other countries' human rights problems with a generous dose of violence.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, on-duty Air Malkotistan flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months.
- : Following new legislation in Malkotistan, soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons.
- : Malkotistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Malkotistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Malkotistan endorsed The Ice-cream loving state of Amerion.
- : Malkotistan endorsed The Dominion of Wild Space.
- : Malkotistan endorsed The Republic of Great Africans.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Erinor, Volaworand, Luddinlande, Saciu, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Awjan, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Wehraboos, Kroumos, The Filippinas, Jaxon, Jehenna, Xandev, Barabarom, The Solar System Scope, Choodox, Aumeltopia, Anachronolandia, Academy of Umbrellas, The Dragon Enclave, Freedoom, Jahass, Akindom, United States of Vietnam, Ostanasia, Farengeto, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Tsunamy, Chocholand, Mew Nation, Hanguk-Nippon, Darbor, Aveerya, Roavin, Tsvetania, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, and Great Africans.