The Republic of Maklohi Vai is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Morukano Puwalarutanaroi with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, anti-smoking policies, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 14.242 billion Vaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kolo Lahi. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The thriving Maklohi Vaian economy, worth a remarkable 1,516 trillion Valas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 106,510 Valas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to make doctors appointments, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maklohi Vai's national animal is the Ara'a Toi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maklohi Vai voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"".
- : Maklohi Vai lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Greater Dienstad".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Asbestos Consumption, Disposal and Worker Protection".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Boston".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preventing the Illicit Trade of Cultural Artefacts".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Helaw".
- : Maklohi Vai voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Expression"".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Monarchist Entente"".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Guy".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Starblaydi WA Mission.