The Republic of Maklohi Vai is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Morukano Puwalarutanaroi with a fair hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 13.35 billion Vaians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kolo Lahi. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The thriving Maklohi Vaian economy, worth a remarkable 1,400 trillion Valas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 104,877 Valas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to make doctors appointments, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maklohi Vai's national animal is the Ara'a Toi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promoting Sustainable Timber"".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Westphalia".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promoting Sustainable Timber".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wrapper".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Texas".
- : Maklohi Vai voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Cloning Conventions".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Iran".
- : Maklohi Vai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : Maklohi Vai voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Biomedical Research".