The Democratic States of Mahopac is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Paxter Crane with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.469 billion Mahopacians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tyche City. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Mahopacian economy, worth 385 trillion Soldiuses a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 86,355 Soldiuses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education, every workday begins with group therapy, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, and witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials. Crime is totally unknown. Mahopac's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mahopac was endorsed by The Borderlands of Wrektopia.
- : Mahopac voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Nuclear Armaments".
- : Mahopac was endorsed by The Benevolent Dictatorship of The Dourian Embassy.
- : Mahopac voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Right of Emigration"".
- : Mahopac voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Securing Nuclear Materials from dastardly Menaces".
- : Mahopac's influence in Osiris rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Mahopac was endorsed by The Strangely nice nation of Syberis.
- : Mahopac voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : Following new legislation in Mahopac, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Mahopac voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".