The Queen's State of Mahoney Valley is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-working, democratic population of 29.555 billion Mahoney Valleyians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The thriving Mahoney Valleyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,400 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Average income is 47,382 betales, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 199,365 per year while the poor average 7,307, a ratio of 27.3 to 1.
Scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and Mahoney Valley is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Mahoney Valley's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mahoney Valley's influence in Copenhagen fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Mahoney Valley's influence in Copenhagen rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Mahoney Valley was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Mahoney Valley was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Mahoney Valley's influence in Copenhagen rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Mahoney Valley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Mahoney Valley was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 5% for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Mahoney Valley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector and the Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Mahoney Valley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Mahoney Valley's influence in Copenhagen rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".