The Free City of Magna Atlantica is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Executive Directorate with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 12.024 billion Atlanteans, 1.582 billion of whom are zombies, live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government prioritizes Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlantica District. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 11.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Atlantean economy, worth a remarkable 4,414 trillion netcoins a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 367,141 netcoins, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,682,314 per year while the poor average 48,708, a ratio of 34.5 to 1.
Tourists aren't the only ones that talk about coming back from a trip, the news is showing footage of Executive Directorate bullying an old man to the point of tears, late night talk show hosts are having a field day over Executive Directorate's questionably sane new coalition partners, and Executive Directorate is considering changing the nation's name to Blackacre. Crime is totally unknown. Magna Atlantica's national animal is the anon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Magna Atlantica's influence in Novo Brasil rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Magna Atlantica's influence in Novo Brasil rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Magna Atlantica's influence in Novo Brasil rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Magna Atlantica's influence in Novo Brasil rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Magna Atlantica was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Magna Atlantica relocated from Balder to Novo Brasil.
- : Magna Atlantica was refounded in Balder.
- : Magna Atlantica ceased to exist in Novo Brasil.
- : Magna Atlantica was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Magna Atlantica was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.