The Magical prowess of Mages of Tower of Hossberg is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.06 billion Mages of Tower of Hossbergians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.7%.
The thriving Mages of Tower of Hossbergian economy, worth 149 trillion Manas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Book Publishing. Average income is 72,668 Manas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 254,530 per year while the poor average 15,063, a ratio of 16.9 to 1.
Park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Mages of Tower of Hossberg's national animal is the Bear, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg's influence in Spear Danes rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg relocated from Union of starfishian states to Spear Danes.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg's influence in Union of starfishian states rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg was endorsed by The Metaphorical Music of Lady Brown.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg was endorsed by The Republic of AFTER COOKING 1ST DINNER VINNY.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg endorsed The Republic of AFTER COOKING 1ST DINNER VINNY.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg relocated from Spear Danes to Union of starfishian states.
- : Mages of Tower of Hossberg was admitted to the World Assembly.