|Leader||Desmotrek the Wise|
The Protectorate of Maerist is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Desmotrek the Wise with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 1.881 billion Maeristians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ellison. The average income tax rate is 45.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Maeristian economy, worth 265 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, Retail, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 141,337 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A degree in Desmotrek The Wise Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers, left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election", and the world still seems flat to some people in space. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Maerist's national animal is the dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, foreign governments are threatened if they so much as mention the word "election".
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, a degree in Desmotrek The Wise Science with a Minor in Awesomeology starts many political careers.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, psychiatrists that date patients are congratulated on their romantic conquests.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, hypochondriacs demand treatment for genetic disorders they don't have.
- : Maerist endorsed The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : Maerist was endorsed by The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, comic books avoid plot inconsistencies by removing the plot.
- : Following new legislation in Maerist, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
Endorsements Received: 144 » Qvait, Aumeltopia, Amerion, Tsunamy, Hanguk-Nippon, Holy Free, Jehenna, The Filippinas, Nova Montron, The Solar System Scope, Erinor, Bear Connors Paradiso, Sthalrim, Tsvetania, Curlyhoward, Techganet, Mapico, Farengeto, Si-topia, Nowa Europa, Utondara, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Kringalia, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Anserisa, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Centristvill, Japanese Federal Republic, GI-Land, Beepee, Seliyan progressive Islands, Noire Denholm, Linguiniland, Kholdan, Marinho Islands, Compli, West Pastafaria, Dis7Nation, Baltenlands, The Worst army of, Shefino, Kandorith, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Laamiva, The Drakan Republic, Ancient Slobovia, and 94 others.The United Expanse, New Briantown, Yeldarbsland, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Myness, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Kiasu-ism, The Two Jerseys, Unielvan Millorvium, Great Andora, Theorin, Midand, Concrete Slab, Andinla, Center Lisle, Privatore, Gonrati, RestartAll, United Great Holy Empire, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Soem, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Ebonhand, Drystar, Oreo States, Merevane, Tepertopia, Abarri, Phanama, Bartonia Nova, Purple Hyacinth, Brunier, Rebel-topia, Alfama, Sedunn, Bod Wareenaland, Vanbella, Eskvenn, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Rabbitz, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, Yellunstryer, Berlana, Bawkie, Canmore, Rotenaplistan, Samofia, Los Rodeos, Jiam, The Imperial Frost Federation, Wakandan Tribes, Roterdamia, Treir, Ralphburg, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Synarion, The White Isles, Holota, Lionstrapower, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Honey Cake, Ceutalia, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Yeses, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Levistian, Bichedder, West Bridgeport, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Sapientiano, Western Fardelshufflestein, Enplatia, Pamela And Hepatitis, Noimosini, Dai Han, The United Australian States, Aquamarine Island, Populaa, Ipugao, Twoole, Alambar, and Anatasha.